Two co-operative organisation with connections to ICOS play an important role in this area: the Co-op Source Agritrading Brand and the Plunkett Foundation.
Co-op Source Agritrading Brand
ICOS helps facilitate a purchasing group comprising 18 co-ops with total purchases of in excess of €23m. The ‘Co-op Source’ branded product groupings have a compliment of seven product groupings under its brand these;
- Crop packaging
- Animal mineral supplements
- Dairy detergents
- Grass seeds
- Milking machine filter socks
- Cow teat foam sanitizer
The purchasing group’s membership extends throughout the country. The group is headquartered in the ICOS office in Cork.
The Plunkett Foundation
Our ‘cousins’ in the Plunkett Foundation have helped develop more than 270 community-owned shops and co-operative pubs across the UK.
The founder of ICOS, Sir Horace Plunkett started the Plunkett Foundation in Ireland and England. The Plunkett Foundation continued to promote and develop agricultural co-operatives and rural community enterprise, with the slogan ‘Better Farming, Better Business, Better Living’.
Did you know?
- There are >200 agri-retail stores in operation in Ireland.
- Formed in 1906, Templecrone Agricultural Co-operative Society is a retail co-op chain based in Co. Donegal with annual sales of €15m.
- Our 'cousins' in the Plunkett Foundation have helped develop >250 community-based shops and co-operative pubs across the UK.
- Food, Fisheries & Beverages
- Advisory & Education
- Stores & Trade
- Cultural, Community & Leisure
- Services we provide
Stores & Trade