The Irish Co-operative Organisation Society (ICOS) is a co-operative umbrella organisation that serves and promotes commercial co-operative businesses and enterprise, across multiple sections of the Irish economy.
Purpose & Vision
As a representative umbrella organisation for the co-operative movement in Ireland, ICOS is focused on driving the evolution of the Irish co-operative sector through the promotion of best practice, change and helping to enhance the sustainability of our member co-ops. We endeavour to:
- Advocate greater engagement with our member co-ops and foster greater interaction between ICOS and our member co-ops
- Effectively use our collective voice and lobbying capabilities
- Challenge our members to promote continuous improvement and competitive change, and be open for challenge ourselves within ICOS
- Promote the principles of the co-operative movement to ensure stronger governance, education, and cooperation
- Develop our membership base through the training and education of our grass-roots membership
- Promote greater member participation within co-operatives, particularly with younger generations of members
- Deliver tangible value to our members in the services we provide, the initiatives we lead and the programs we promote.
Generating leadership, competitiveness and value through stronger co-operation and world class service